We were planning to hold a series of summer IA walks in and around London but these are now on hold a consequence of the ongoing COVID-19 situation.
GLIAS is happy to publicise events by other societies that may be of interest to our members. If you are a not-for-profit organisation and would like us to list your event, please contact the newsletter editor via email at email@example.com
Changes and cancellations are possible as a consequence of the ongoing COVID-19 situation. Please check with individual societies
- 25 October Sun CROSSNESS ENGINES STEAMING DAY. No need to book. The site opens at 10.30am and the last entry is at 4pm. The site closes at 5pm. Web: www.crossness.org.uk
- 1 November Sun LONDON TO BRIGHTON VETERAN CAR RUN. 'Old Crocks' run, London to Brighton. Starts from The Serpentine, Hyde Park. Web: www.veterancarrun.com
- 1 November Sun GUIDED WATERSIDE WALK, BY THE IWA. River Tyburn, and along Regent's Canal to Little Venice. Start at 2.30pm, outside Baker St tube station (Baker St north/Lords exit). £15 adults, £10 concessionary rate. Advance booking is mandatory. Please ring London Walks on 020 7624 3978. Website: www.waterways.org.uk
- 4 November Wed 'AND SINCE THAT TIME HAS NEVER BEEN HEARD OF' – THE FORGOTTEN BOYS OF THE SEA: MARINE SOCIETY MERCHANT SEA APPRENTICES 1772-1873. A Docklands History Group talk by Dr Caroline Withall. 5.30pm for 6pm, Museum of London Docklands, West India Quay, Hertsmere Road, London E14 4AL. New members and visitors are very welcome. A £2 donation is suggested from visitors. Web: www.docklandshistorygroup.org.uk
- 5 November Thur THE EREWASH CANAL. A London Canal Museum talk by John Bayliss. 7.30pm. £4 (£3 discounts). 12/13 New Wharf Road, N1 9RT. Tel: 020 7713 0836. Web: www.canalmuseum.org.uk
- 15 November Sun CANCELLED! GUIDED TOWPATH WALK, BY THE IWA. Along the Regent's Canal: King's Cross – Granary Square – Camden. Start at 2.30pm, outside King's Cross station (taxi queue). £12 adults, £10 concessionary rate. No prior booking required. Tel: 0203 612 9624. Website: www.waterways.org.uk
- 25 November Wed THE MAKING OF THE MAYFLOWER MYTH. A Rotherhithe & Bermondsey Local History Society Mayflower 400 London lecture by Rita Cruise O'Brien. 7.30pm-9pm, Canada Water Theatre, 21 Surrey Quays Rd, Rotherhithe, London SE16 7AR. £3 (members free) including a glass of wine at the interval. Booking essential at: www.rbhistory.org.uk or 020 8692 4446.
- 2 December Wed CHARLES DICKENS IN DOCKLANDS. A Docklands History Group talk by Dr Geoff Hales. 5.30pm for 6pm, Museum of London Docklands, West India Quay, Hertsmere Road, London E14 4AL. New members and visitors are very welcome. A £2 donation is suggested from visitors. Web: www.docklandshistorygroup.org.uk
- 3 December Thur LIMEHOUSE AND ITS BASIN. A London Canal Museum talk by Jeremy Batch. 7.30pm. £4 (£3 discounts). 12/13 New Wharf Road, N1 9RT. Tel: 020 7713 0836. Web: www.canalmuseum.org.uk
© GLIAS, 2020